Wednesday, May 9, 2012

International Black Film Festival in Berlin

I just got back last night from an international black film festival in Berlin, Germany--the Black International Cinema festival.  Our documentary, A Zest for Life, screened on Sunday.  We had an appreciative audience, and afterwards, I was interviewed for German television by Dr. Donald Griffith, the festival´s organizer. 

All in all, I´m pleased with our documentary´s reception.

During the week I was in Berlin, I went to lots and lots of films.  Some were fantastic.  Two that stand out in particular were Africa, the Beat, by filmmaker Samaki Wanne and Dar He:  the Lynching of Emmett Till, by Robert Underwood (director) and  Mike Wiley (screenplay and actor).

There were also a group of very interesting shorts from Iran and Afghanistan.

I did not watch every single one of the films, so there may have been other great presentations that I missed.  I´m only reporting here on what I was able to see.

Of course, I also did lots of walking around Berlin, a fascinating city.

All in all, it was a very good experience.  The festival organizers, hard-working people all, were friendly and a delight to get to know.  I hope to keep up my connections with them.

After I have a couple of days to catch my breath, I´ll post some photos of the film festival, etc..

OUR NEXT POST will be about -- photos of the Black International Cinema festival, and Berlin

No comments:

Post a Comment